Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dallin's Birthday



Dallin celebrated his 5th birthday last month! I can't believe how old and big he is getting! For his birthday he had a train cake (which I didn't spend much time on, because we were planning a bigger and better train cake for his real party, but that never happened...oops) We also took him to the YMCA and let him go rock climbing, which he really enjoyed! He liked all his gifts, and also enjoyed getting several birthday cards and some money in the mail!! He was so excited to have "cash." He also got a marble race game from the Carter grandparents and has spent HOURS playing with it, which means Mommy has spent hours playing it as well. He can build his own tracks but he likes Mommy to build the tracks pictured in the instructions. Then he wants me to play with him by putting the marbles down one side while he does the other side. (And I actually like playing so it's no big deal. Until one of the other kids decides they want my attention.) Since Dallin's birthday he has already started asking for things for his next birthday. He talks about it like it is just a few weeks away. Ah, kids and their lack of perspective on time!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Dallin! I thought the cake looked good, better than anything I could come up with!

    ReplyDelete