Monday, November 22, 2010

I've been busy

This a small cuboard my great grandpa made for my mom when she was little. I used when I was a little girl too. It means a lot to me, but it defnitely needed a new paint job. It was green and blue when we first started, but of course I don't have a picture of it like that. Anyway, before all the scraping and sanding, and scraping and sanding, and scraping and sanding (you get the picture)...
and after- Dallin wanted to be in a picture. And it only took us 3 years to do this!!
I got this at the local goodwill store. It was $8 and we painted it red. Now I LOVE it. Sorry no before pic though. Now we have some pictures on top of it and looks great, and so functional for the kids to hang their coats on!

Another after, she just wanted to be in a picture I think.


I've been wanting a rocking chair since we moved here to MO. We sold our old one back in CA, and I've been missing it. I got this one at a garage sale for $5.
After some sanding and smoe black spray paint. I also found a cute brown chair cushion at the local goodwill, it was $2! I had looked at the fabric store for padding to make a cushion and the padding alone was $12.
I asked Brylee to give me a pretty smile and this is what I got. hmmmm

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are getting really good at refinishing. I can't believe that's the same cabinet. The finished product looks awesome. Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete