Saturday, March 23, 2013

(Don't) Cheer On!

 
This is the view from the stands at CBC. 
This is where Dallin and Cody had their first flag football clinic. 
 
 
Notice it is right next door to the St. Louis LDS temple. 
 
On the way to the clinic, I was telling the kids that the field was right by the temple. 
Cody said, "Perfect!  So if I want to get married I can just leave football practice and go next door.  Then I can come back and play football again when I'm done getting married."
 
 At least he knows he wants to get married in the temple... 
I'm sure the dream of leaving his wedding to go play football will only last for so long. 
 
Dallin was trying to explain to his friends what flag football was. 
"In tackle football people can tackle each other.  In flag football your 'enemy' just has to try and pull your flag." 
 
Dallin told me before the practice started that he really hoped there weren't any cheerleaders there.  He was going to feel really uncomfortable having cheerleaders cheering for him.  (What?!)
 
At this clinic they had the kids do football type warm-ups.  Ex: sprints, back pedaling, side stepping, etc.  My poor kids have a lot of catching up to do as far as their coordination goes.  Cody looked like he was swatting mosquitos every time he ran.  They were looking a little better at the end of the day.  I'm sure they will have made some major improvements by the end of the season. 
 
Brian was at school during the clinic so Brylee, Tate and I just hung out on the track waiting.  There was a large tractor tire that the kids had fun playing in and on.  Tate practiced kicking a football through every soccer and la crosse goal net he could find.  Brylee had a great time playing with a boy friend from church.  His brother is playing football as well. 
 
I think the boys had a good time.  During the 90 minute clinic I only caught Cody looking through the turf for bugs twice!  (That's pretty impressive for him.) 
 
They have their first game next week. 
I guess we are hoping for no cheerleaders...

No comments:

Post a Comment