Friday, February 5, 2010

YUM

I made 5 loaves of Amish Friendship Bread yesterday. I thought I would take some to the people I visit teach. We did plan on keeping a loaf for ourselves to enjoy, so we dug into that one when it was hot out of the oven and we noticed there were hard pieces of something in the bread. We couldn't figure out what it was. Clumps of flour wouldn't be this hard... Brian thought maybe the eggs had already developed chicks in them and the hard bits in the bread were bones. (I assured him there were no chicks in the eggs when I cracked them, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that...) Well tonight I made cookies and again they had hard bits of something in them. We decided there must be something in the flour. Turns out Brylee has been putting rice in the flour. So anyone want some amish bread or cookies with hard rice in them? We've got lots.

1 comment:

  1. too funny, especially Brian thinking there may have been chicks in the eggs..ha!

    ReplyDelete