Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hobo

At school each week Dallin has the assignment of writing a letter to a member of the family.  This week he wrote to me.  In honor of Thanksgiving he took on a thankful theme for the letter.  It read as follows:

Dear Mom,
      I am thankful for are family Because if I did not have a family I wud not be here I am thankful for are family.  I am thankful for are home Because we if we did not we wud be a hoBo and I am not a hobo.

                                                                                         Love,
                                                                                               Dallin


I also am thankful for my family, and our home.  And spell check.  Poor kid.
Dallin seems to be 'coming into his own.'  He is starting to take interest in more things, not just the little kid stuff anymore.  He is really excelling in math, and actually enjoys practicing his times tables.  With Brian in school we haven't been able to do many sports or extracurricular activities, but Dallin is really excited to give football another try next year and maybe even branch out to something new.
He can be an AMAZING helper around the house, when he wants to be.  He is a good, hard worker, and is pretty dependable.  He is setting a great example for his younger siblings.
So, in short, I am thankful for my not-so-little-anymore, Dallin.  We can't believe he will be turning 9 in a few short months!  Where did the time go?

Here's to you Dallin!  Love ya, buddy!















I wasn't planning a whole tribute with pictures devoted to this big guy, I just got a little carried away.  
Oh well, he's worth it!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, almost 9! I remember that summer we stayed with you guys and he was only 2! What a great kid! I'm glad you guys aren't hobos.

    ReplyDelete