Sunday, May 16, 2010

35 weeks

Well, I'm more than 35 weeks now. If this baby comes as soon as Dallin and Brylee did then we could be having a baby in about two weeks! My big dilema now is my doctor and hospital. I have a doctor I really like and a hospital I like, but they are in Springfield. My plan right now is to move myself and the kids back in with Brian's parents, in Springfield, for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and have the baby there. However, I really don't want to be away from Brian that long. Also, the kids are just getting settled in this house. Brylee is finally going to bed on her own, and she is working on sleeping through the night. I know if I take them out this environment we will mess all that up and I will have to start over when we get back. Only then I will have a baby to deal with too.
Or, do I try and find a new doctor here, who will take me for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy? I would much rather be in my own house and have the kids in their own space during this final stretch. But do I risk getting a doctor that I won't like? I did get a reference from my new RS president for a good OB/GYN here in the St. Louis area. I will call tomorrow to see if they will take me. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that they will. Definitely not an ideal situation, trying to switch doctors this late in pregnancy, but I've gotta try and see what they say. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a tough one. If it was me I would definitely want to stay at home when having a new baby. But I've always been the type who feels most comfortable in my own space. I think Henry is also much more manageable when he's in his own space and with familiar routines. I would also hate to leave Brent for that long. For me, I wouldn't care too much about switching doctors since it seems like with most practices nowadays your own doctor won't even deliver you unless they are the one on call. My doctor didn't deliver Henry and at the time I couldn't have cared less. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete