Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Locusts

Cody is so into bugs it's not even funny. He thinks all the rolly-pollies are his "friends." He has pretty much no fear of picking up the bugs and letting them crawl on him. YUCK! I'm not a bug person, in fact the thought of having a bug crawl on me about sends me over the edge. Well, here in St. Louis we have found that there in no shortage of locust bugs. The kids spend time each day sitting by the storm door watching for the little buggers to crawl around. The Locusts shed a shell in the morning (or evening) and then they have wings so they can fly. So not only do we get the joy of having the bugs around, but we also have all these little locust "skins," as the kids like to call them. Anyway, here are a few pictures of Cody with his "friends."






1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Aubriana's scared of bugs. She is a wuss like her mom. Although, I have a boy coming so that could change everything! He is holding a very big bug!

    ReplyDelete