Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 5

Today was day 5 at the hospital. Luckily it wasn't a full day, I got to come home! When the doctor came in to see me this morning and said I could go home today, I cried. I was so happy, and maybe a little loopy from 5 days in there. My fevers have finally gone away. They took my bandages off today, revealing my new lovely battle wounds, that will soon be battle scars.

I was so happy to come home that I cried each time I thought about it. I was ready to hug my kids and hold my baby. Being away from baby for that long has REALLY depleted my milk supply, I am hoping it will come back. Those first few days I only consumed water, and a little broth on day 3. Not really enough calories to keep up milk production. Even when they allowed me to start eating again I couldn't really handle the food and I'm sure didn't eat more than a few hundred calories in a day. So, you would think I had lost a bunch of weight during this whole ordeal, at least that is what I thought... Well, I haven't weighed my self yet, but I look like I just had a baby. I am so swollen, and bloated, and sore, that I have resorted to wearing my husbands clothes. (At least I'm not going out in public)

Anyway, I really wanted to express my thanks for all of you who have left comments expressing your support, have offered prayers, put my name on prayer rolls (there were at least 3 temples), and offered any sort of help. My family is SO grateful. We could not have made it through this week without help. I have been so touched to see how many people care about us. I wish I lived near more of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment