Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little better today

My fever spikes haven't been as high, yay! My echocardiograham came back normal, yay! That means no heart murmur!! They took out my IV today, yay! And they even said I can eat some food, yay! This will be my first bites of real food in 4 days.
On the flip side, I had to be put on oxygen. I had strep throat a few weeks before the surgery and was supposed to finish my last dose the day of the surgery. But the cough from the strep has stuck around and it is SO painful to cough when you have a big incision in your belly. So I haven't been coughing as much as I should to get everything out of my lungs and I guess that is making my lungs work a little harder or something. Also it is super dry in here and my nose is really stuffy, which doesn't make breathing any easier.
So, because I had basically a small c-section, I am being treated in the maternity ward. The lady who just brought in my lunch was congratulating me. Haha.
Anyway, that is a quick update for now. I'm going to go enjoy some food!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're improving! I put your name on the Dallas Temple prayer roll today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow! What a mess they have caused! How horrible! I hope you continue to do better so you can be home with your family. I'll keep you in my prayers! Get better fast!

    p.s. it'll help now that you can eat real food again. :)

    ReplyDelete