Friday, January 21, 2011

Update

Things haven't gotten any better, yet. The doctors have been worried about my body developing infection, so they have had me on anitbiotics constantly since the surgery. I have fevers that keep spiking and dropping. My white blood cell count was high, but has dropped back to a normal level. Last night I had quite a scare when my fever jumped to 103.8. My pulse was elevated also. You know it's not good when your nurses start moving a little faster and are putting in several calls to your doctor and several other doctors. My temp did finally come back down to 99, and my pulse rate stablized after a few hours. When one of the on call residents came in to check on me he noticed that my heart beat was off. So now they think I have a heart murmur as well. I have an echocardiograham sometime this afternoon. Hopefully it goes well.
This has been a very challenging experience for me. I'm scared. I have really appreciated all of your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. It's nice to know that so many people care about me.

So I was thinking I was going to go home today, but no. My doc wants me to go a full 24 hours with no fever. I still have a fever now, so the clock hasn't even started yet. Also I am waiting for some blood cultures to come back, and those can take 24 to 48 hours. So I will be here for another couple of days still. I'll keep you all updated with my progress.

And, just in case any of you were considering an IUD, I don't recommend it. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Heaven sakes! This has law suit written all over it! I'm so sorry. What a mess. I wish I was there to help with meals, cleaning, kids...all that good stuff. Prayers are headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Lia! I've been so out of blogging that I had no idea what's been going on with you! YIKES!!!

    My sister-in-law's IUD went MIA too, but they didn't have much of a problem finding it. I am so sorry!! I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I hope you'll be able to recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope that things start getting better for you Leia! You'll be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete