Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things just don't always go as planned

So I had my surgery, and it didn't quite go as planned. It was supposed to be a 30-45 minute procedure, with a 3 day recovery period. Instead it took over 2 hours. There were only supposed to be 2 small incisions, but they are at least 3. One of the incisions is about 10 cm long. So basically I had a c-section, but with no baby. I am still in the hospital and am hoping to get out Friday afternoon. I guess they had a hard time findng the IUD and my colon was larger than it should have been and not where it should have been. So the colon got knicked and leaked. Thus the need to cut me open and clean me out. So now I am waiting to make sure there is no infection before they will let me go home. They are also telling me that it should take me 6 weeks to recover. Wow, I definately didn't plan for all this. I am so glad my mom and Nana were able to come out and help. And it snowed a bunch today so Brian's classes were cancelled, lucky me! He was able to help out with kids and spend some time with me at the hospital.
Anyway, hopefully I will just get better and better and be able to go home soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

  1. Leia!! That is awful! I am so sorry! I will have you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! What an ordeal. I am so sorry that all of this is happening! Bless your heart Leia!! We'll be praying that you have a speedy recovery and get home soon!

    ReplyDelete